I decided to help celebrate National Mental Health Awareness month. Didn’t realize I would spend most of Monday advocating for an individual to get the mental health treatment they needed, and part of today helping another access a mental health grant. I actually quoted this talk to convince the consumer yesterday to accept help. He especially was able to relate to the statement that you would treat a broken arm or appendicitis with the best medical care possible, and that we need to do the same with our mental health. 🙂 Anyhow, thought I’d share Elder Holland’s talk from Saturday. It was great timing. Click on the link below to watch the entire talk. Tomorrow I’m going to be contacting our local library system to inform them that their collection of consumer and family focused mental health literature is practically non-existent, and present them with a list of some of the more nationally recognized books that they do not carry. Some days it is our job to be our own miracles.
- Another bad day for mental health stigma (nexusgeekgirl.wordpress.com)
- Mental Illness Awareness Week and Midlife (yourspiritualtruth.com)
- WE’RE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS to help break down mental health stigma (slamtwigops.wordpress.com)
- New Report Finds Untreated Mental Illness a Growing Factor in Law… (prweb.com)
- Day for mental health (fijitimes.com)
- Mental Health Awareness – Time To Change – Village Event – Newcastle Greys Monument – Mental Health Awareness campaign – Pledge your support (gedicreativeminds.wordpress.com)
- Make that marble roll! (theindigohope.wordpress.com)