Today I am going to try to be grateful for the difficulties in life.
Perfect example happened this morning. We had the car checked yesterday to be sure it would be ready for a road trip over Thanksgiving. It had been running rough and we needed to find the problem before we left. We found a “bubble” in one of the tires that was about ready to blow. Cash being a little low, my husband put the spare on and decided that would work for now. He then ran off to an appointment. He didn’t even make it there before the spare tire decided to blow. He had not bothered to put the bad tire back in the car so he can’t do anything about being stranded on the side of the road. Here is where the gratitude comes in. Driving older cars, and previous difficulties have taught us to always carry towing and roadside assistance. At least we knew enough to be somewhat prepared for this problem. It would be miserable to not be able to learn from past problems. And I guess I should be grateful that it blew out before we headed out on the road.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May your holiday plans be blow-out free.
- Reinventing The Wheel (harpersvalley.wordpress.com)
- Top quick flat tire fixes to get you on your way (kfor.com)
- Quick Safety Check Tip: Check the air in your spare tire (eimportsblog.com)
- Gratitude Isn’t Always Easy For Me: My Top 5 List (swimintheadultpool.com)
- Gratitude (dorthahisedevelops.wordpress.com)