I recently inherited a dining room set from my grandmother. As the set was pulled out of storage, it showed signs of wear and tear, but was structurally in good shape. One of the things that needed to be replaced were the seat covers. My poor aunt was embarrassed about the condition of the seat covers and offered to buy some fabric. Instead I told her we could just wait until I got the entire set transported. (I live 4 hours away.) As the last load was being delivered I decided to go through a box of odds and ends fabric that I had picked up at a yard sale a few months back. In all the scraps were some squares of neutral colored upholstery fabric. As I pulled them out, someone had cut them into squares that looked about the right size for the seats I was getting. I decided to do a test square. It fits exactly. I have all the fabric I need, pre-cut, ready to go. It took me about 15 minutes to do the entire first chair. And yes, there is just enough fabric for the entire set.